Renter's resources

We have compiled a list of documents, links and forms to help renters to keep their rental property safe and up to the standards. Simply click to download. If you need to speak to us please contact our Senior Property Manager on 1300 652 842.

Pet request form

Renters must use this form to ask the rental provider for consent to keep a pet at the rented premises.

Condensation & Mould Growth

A guide to make living on the property a pleasant
experience and to limit any charges to renters.

Routine Inspection Cleaning Guide

A guide to help renters keep the rental property clean for routine inspections.

Vacating your Rental Property

A checklist to help you pass your final inspection and make the process of moving out a smooth and stress-free experience.

Safety Checks at Home – Detector Inspector

Important renter information about the mandatory safety checks at your rental property.

Parent letter

If the renter is studying, please complete the parent letter and send it to the property manager.

Home fire safety

Tips for preventing fires in the home.

Smoke alarm brochure

The smoke alarm brochure provides pieces of information about smoke alarms and their needs to the renter and rental provider.

Renters' insurance

Information about the renters’ insurance to protect your valuable contents.

Caring for Your Timber Floors by Hynes

Information about how to care for your engineered timber floors.

Useful links

Victoria made significant changes to renting laws in 2021. The requirement for a rented property to meet minimum standards was introduced in the new laws. Under the new Residential Tenancy legislation, all properties are required to have regular safety checks to ensure compliance. Essentially, Smoke Alarm testing is mandatory every 12 months with Gas Safety, Carbon Monoxide and Electrical Safety Service checks to be completed every 2 years.


You ask, we answer

The maximum bond is 1 month’s rent (unless the rent is more than $900 per week). In some cases, the rental provider may ask the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to increase this limit.

If you want to keep a pet at the rental property, you must seek the rental provider’s (landlord’s) consent. Use the ‘Pet request’ form.

You can make certain modifications to the property without the rental provider’s consent. For example:

  • – installing picture hooks or shelf brackets
  • – adding child safety gates or locks.

See the full list at Renters making changes to the property.

To make other modifications, you will need written consent from the rental provider. For some types of modification, they must not unreasonably refuse consent.

More information: Renters making changes to the property.

Contact Us

Opening hours

Group of Companies